Destination Wedding - Historic Georgetown
Historic Georgetown is the perfect location for your destination wedding:
- Georgetown centrally located between Myrtle Beach and Charleston, 45 - 60 minutes to either city.
- Rehearsal & Reception Venues: Coastal, Waterfront & Historic options.
- There are many places of worship in the Historic District and just beyond.
- Guests can stay in historic district at bed and breakfasts or AirBnBs or they have several hotel choices just on the outskirts.
- The charming downtown historic district offers your guests plenty of things to do, restaurants, shops, museums, and boat tours.
- Pawleys Island beach is only 15 minutes away.
- Come by boat, there are four marinas all within a mile of downtown.
- Come by air, the Georgetown County Airport is 5 miles away.
Downtown Historic Georgetown SC has several beautiful and unique event venues perfect for wedding receptions, corporate meetings, concerts, fundraisers, cotillions, and performances. The Kaminski House Museum is along the waterfront / harborwalk, the Winyah Indigo Society Hall is in the heart of the historic district with its oak tree lined streets and the Winyah Auditorium is on the outskirts in a wonderful historic building.
Lands End Yacht Club
444 Marina Drive, Georgetown, SC 29440
Lands End Yacht Club is situated along the ICW overlooking Winyah Bay and Georgetown Landing Marina and only minutes from Historic Georgetown downtown. This is a perfect venue for rehearsal dinners, weddings, wedding receptions, reunions, dances, company functions / meetings and other specialty events.
725 Front St., Georgetown, SC 29440
Maritime Park, Georgetown SC's newest outdoor waterfront event and wedding reception venue, will be available to rent starting this 2017 Fall! This venue is situated along Front Street and the Harborwalk overlooking the Sampit River making it a beautiful stage for your next event.
SOUTH CAROLINA MARITIME MUSEUM
729 FRONT ST., GEORGETOWN, SC 29440
Waterfront venue newly renovated! The South Carolina Maritime Museum offers a convenient location between Charleston and Myrtle Beach and a historic waterfront setting for a variety of events including cocktail receptions, business luncheons, meetings, graduation parties, family or school reunions, wedding rehearsal dinners, and holiday parties.
Winyah indigo hall
502 Prince st., Georgetown, SC 29440
The Winyah Indigo Society Hall is the perfect historic event venue for wedding receptions, banquets, social events, or corporate meetings located in the Georgetown, SC historic district nestled among the live oaks.
1200 Highmarket St., Georgetown, SC 29440
The historic Winyah Auditorium was built in 1908 and is on the National Register. This performance venue seats 300 people and is conveniently located in downtown Georgetown.